Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Busy Week!

Well it's been a while since I have written anything - mainly because I have been flat out busy and exhausted!!

'Phantom' went really well! The kids were great, they gave great performances, I was so proud of them, and the show got a great response!

After that we had change over day where campers left/arrived. All of the girls in my bunk went home - it was sad to see them go as they were all great, and then in the afternoon we started auditions for session 2! Over 2 days we sat in 19.5 hours worth of auditions/callbacks and casting session - I was shattered!! I then had to do another 2 hours of auditions the next day as I am directing a One Act play this session - so Ia m all auditioned out! My schedule for Session 2 is:

1st Major: Characterisation
1st Minor: Super Troupe
2nd Minor: One Act
2nd Major: Annie
3rd Minor: Annie
3rd Major: OFF

I am AD for 'Annie' this session with Mike McCall as Director. The show is going well so far, it's a middle camp show (ages 11-14) and will be performed in the Playhouse where we did Phantom! The other shows for this session are:

Les Mis
Spelling Bee
It's A Hit
Dream Girls
Crazy For You
Me and My Girl
Fame
Finian's Rainbow
Sleeping Beauty
How To Eat Like A Child
The Crucible

and we have a 'Stock Show' that is performed 4th Session but starts rehearsing now which is 'The Drowsy Chaperone'.

So everything is going well just very, very busy! I have a day off tomorrow which I desperately need! I am going on the bus to a place called 'Ithaca' in NY State which should be nice! I am also directing a One Act play this session called 'Kitty the Waitress' by Christopher Durang, which is also going well! 

So it's all just been d busy, busy, busy, starting all over again! We also have a lot more Counselors/Campers this session so there are a lot more people around. There was a Theatre Staff/Theatre Camper Basketball game last night which I watched that was great, I think I might play next time!

Anyways enough from me, I am still enjoying the Woods and hoping the 'sun will come out tomorrow'....

oh I have only just got back onto facebook as well - so sorry for my late replies to everyone!

xxxxxxxx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where did you manage to find a script for The Drowsy Chaperone?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...