Monday, June 17, 2013

New York state of mind....

So I am off to NYC. It’s been 2 years since my last visit and, quite honestly, I can’t wait to get back. Back to the ‘Big Apple’...

My sojourns to the ‘city that never sleeps’, thus far, have been crammed packed with holiday fun – Broadway shows, shopping, Broadway shows, tourist attractions, Broadway shows…you get the picture. But this time it’s something else that leads me there. It’s time for a little soul searching…

Life has a way of throwing curve balls when you least expect it and this last year or so I have been hit with a few, well I have been dodging them, but finally they caught up with me and all at once it seems. When that many balls hit you, sometimes it’s very difficult to just get back up. This is one of those times. So I finally decided it was time for me to take a time out for myself. To do some self-healing and work out what the next path will be on my life journey. Where I want to be. How can I get back to being ‘me’, which at the moment, feels like some far off distant person that I can see but not quite make out. So where do you go to escape the world, where you can get lost in the hustle and bustle yet also find places to be on your own? Somewhere that feels familiar and fills a void…well for me it’s New York City.

So unlike my previous trips, where I have given a day to day account of all my exciting adventures, this blog will be different. I don’t know what I am going to do and what’s going to happen. I am just going to wake up each day and see where it takes me. Hopefully to a place of some clarity. Hopefully to a bar with some great cocktails. My bags are packed and I am ready to go…I think it’s time to spend a couple of weeks living the Carrie Bradshaw fantasy. I will try to share what I can. See you on the other side….



1 comment:

Richard Hyde said...

Pictures of fabulous cocktails and the fabulous places they are drunk in is mandatory! Have a great time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...