Thursday, June 5, 2008

Busy Day!!

Today was quite busy! Full of meetings about camp, campers, procedures etc... In the afternoon we had a Theatre Dept meeting where 2 of the Diretor's - Mike and Stuart, took us through a 'mock' class and we spent an hour or so playing theatre games which was lots of fun! The ppl in the theatre dept are fab! We then got our Schedule for Session 1, which includes our show!

I am going to be working on Maury Yeston's version of 'Phantom' with Beth (The Camp Director) as my Director! I am really looking forward to it as I wanted to work with Beth and I don't know the show that well! I got my script and the cast recording to listen to today! We are going to be in the Playhouse, which is the 2nd largest theatre here. I am also for the first session teaching 2 different Theatresports/games classes and working on 'Supertroop' which is the 11-14 yr olds who do a variety/cabaret type show for the end of session! Very exciting! I think it's going to be lots of fun:)

Tomorrow we all have a day off, so we are taking buses in Binghamton which is about 45mins away for the day to do a bit of shopping etc... 

I have also had to move Bunks s one of the Stage Manager's left yesterday and they needed another counsellor in their cabin! I will now be with the oldest campers (16-17). Our first session isn't as busy and we have our first campers arriving friday night!

Everything is going really well:) And I am meeting some great people! Oh I also still have Hotmail and Facebook access - all up in the air at the moment so sorry to everyone I have been sending countless emails to!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Sherry
Sounds like you're having a great time so far!
xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...